- To help congregations understand the need for adaptive leadership if they are to be vital and thriving centers for missional outreach in the Southwest;
- To equip pastors and lay leaders to be agents of change;
- To transform congregatons from an inward focus of maintenance and chaplaincy to an outward focus of mission, outreach and evangelism;
- To invite congregations to be agents of adaptive leadership and transformation beyond their congregations to both in their community context and in the Grand Canyon Synod;
- To change and transform the DNA of the Grand Canyon Synod to become a Great Commission synod based on missional principles.
New Changes for MLA
The Missional Leadership Academy has merged with the Grand Canyon Synod’s “Reforming for Mission” table. The goals and purpose of MLA, to provide missional leadership training for congregations, will continue, though the format of learning has changed. At this time there are no new cohorts of congregations being organized.
For more information contact Pastor Glenn Zimbelman, the table host for the Reforming for Mission Table or Pastor John Schaumburg, the Director for Evangelical Mission in the GCS.
Missional Leadership Training
offered by the Grand Canyon Synod
Below are upcoming opportunities for congregational leaders, staff, and pastors. If you have questions, contact Rick Rouse, Director of the Missional Leadership Academy at email@example.com or John Schaumburg, Director of Evangelical Mission at firstname.lastname@example.org
Mark your calendar for
The Synod's Tenth Annual
Missional Church Conference:
Saturday, January 10, 2015 at Spirit in the Desert Retreat Center (Carefree, AZ).